Monday, March 21, 2011

Ah, how time flies.

I mean to post these pictures a while ago, and I swear I'm going to make a scrapbook of stuff like this, but well, uh, lord only knows when I will get to that. But first, these two pictures stood out to me, a difference of how Evan fit in his car seat.

Here he is as an almost newborn baby

You know this size, when you travel somewhere for 2 hours, and they don't make a peep, and you can't see them because the seat is turned around (and you haven't bought that snazzy Eddie Bauer mirror yet) and then you get there and you are sure they have broken their neck.

Like this


Holy moly are they bendy. But I guess being squished in your belly is a feat unto itself. Anyways, I also took a picture of Evan when he was well grown out of this carrier (though to be fair he probably was in it for too long regardless because we didn't realize exactly what the weight requirement was. Whoops.

Evan is about 9 months old in this picture.

In other big and small size news, let's talk about socks. Since I was one of the last one of my friends to have kids, we got lots and lots of hand me down clothes. Which is great, but funny when you come across something that you aren't sure where it came from. Evan was apparently given a pair of white socks with green trim (ankelet style). Which were a little bit big for him, but they fit well enough. I also wear a lot of anklet socks, and mine I definitely have to stretch on. So here is a picture of them together, one for a small toddler, and one for a grown adult woman.

So trying to buy him more manly socks, I got some tube like socks for him, just like Daddy's. The difference is a little bit different.

Definitely had to stretch those a bit more.

1 comment:

  1. You will be amazed (and I literally mean amazed) at how big/old Evan will seem the first time you see him after the new baby is here. It's been almost 21 years since that moment happened for me and I can still feel the shock I experienced then.

    ReplyDelete