Thursday, May 19, 2011

Shuttle Woes

So the shuttle Endeavor launched for the last time this week. That means there is only one left to go.

And so here I sit, a sorry excuse for an Aerospace Engineer. I mean, what was I thinking waiting until the last minute to try and see one of these things? I hang my head in shame.

I had considered buying tickets for the launch that just happened, and maybe taking the train (?) for like, a billion hours to get there. Doctor said I couldn't fly at that point in my pregnancy. Guess it's a good idea that I didn't, since I doubt it would have been good idea to try to get to Florida 3 days before my scheduled 'pluck the baby out' appointment.

So now, I'm waiting for the final date to be determined, currently they say it will be mid-July. I'm hoping it gets pushed back a little longer so I can figure out how to get down there with two kids. Even if I can't get viewing tickets, I will be able to see the shuttle from any beach down there, and I have tons of family I can visit.

Maybe my friend Becky will come with me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment